1. If I____(be) you, I would not do such a thing.
2. Suppose our teacher couldn’t come, who____(will)take his place?
3. If he____(follow) the doctor’s advice, he would not have died.
4. If you____(shall 万一) ever see him, please hand him this note.
5. If I____(know) her well, I would tell you about her.
6. If she____(be) more careful, she wouldn’t have made these mistakes.
7. If we____(be) there, we could have seen the parade.
8. People would believe my story if I____(be) not so young.
9. If I____(know) how to ski, I would have joined you.
10. If he____(go over) his lessons yesterday, he would pass the exam now.
11. If you had helped him, he____(be) happy now.
1. I am sorry I am not living near your house. I wish ____ .
2. Without your help, I might have failed, If it ____ .
3. If she had smiled, they would have been delighted. Her smile ____ .
4. As he is in poor health, he won’t go abroad with us. If he ____ in good health, he ____ abroad with us.
5. I’m sorry she wasn’t my girl friend. I wish she ____ my girl friend.
6. He talks like a baby. He talks as if he ____ a baby.
1． If my lawyer ____ here last Saturday, he ____ me from going.(89)
A． had been; would have prevented
B． had been; would prevent
C． were; would prevent
D． were; would have prevented
2． He ____ you more help, even though he was very busy. (90)
A． might have given
B． might give
C． may have given
D． may give
3． If I had worn my overcoat, I ____ cold. (92)
A． won’t have caught
B． couldn’t have caught
C． won’t catch
D． wouldn’t catch
4．----If he ____ , he ____ that food.
----Luckily he was sent to the hospital immediately. (93)
A． was warned; would not take
B． had been warned; would not have taken
C． would be warned; had not taken
D． would have been warned; had not taken
5． I didn’t see your sister at the meeting. If she ____ , she would have met my brother. (94)
A． has come B． did come
C． came D． had come
1.were 2.would 3.had followed
4.should 5.knew 6.had been
7.had been 8.were/was 9.had known
10.had gone over 11.would be
1. I wish I were(was) living near your house.
2. If it had not been for your help, I might have failed.
3. Her smile would have delighted them.
4. were/was, would go
5. had been
1. Had it been fine then, I would have gone fishing.
2. Should I fail this time, I would wait for another chance.
3. It is high/about time I were/was saying good-bye.
4. He must have been sick; otherwise he would not have been absent.
5. He suggested that we (should) work at the problem is another way.
1.A 2.A 3.B 4.B 5.D